Indoor growing of butterhead lettuce at Watercircle Hydroponics using HydroGrow 21X-PRO LED light (part 1)
The following pictures are a pictorial journal of the germination till maturity of indoor growing of butterhead lettuce at watercircle hydroponics facility.
Do Follow us as we update on this blog the progress and share with you the joy and ease of growing your own vegetables using artificial lighting
1. On 09/11/2012, Butterhead lettuce seeds were first placed in a small water container for it to be germinated.
2. 10/11/2012, the seeds sprouted and were transferred to soiless media( grow sponge cubes)
3. The seedlings were placed in a plastic trough of clear water and HydroGrow 21X-Pro LED light was used to provide the only source of lighting.
PAR reading : 150 , Distance from seedlings 46cm (18 inches)
4. As the seedling grew, mild hydroponics nutrients were applied from 14/11/2012, TDS 500ppm.
5. The seeds are now growing in a compact form, with sufficient lighting to provide photosynthesis.
6. On 23/11/12, the seedlings were much bigger in size and were transferred to our Watercircle Desktop Hobby kit
7. PAR reading : 380 , Distance from seedlings 35.5cm (14 inches), TDS 800, ph 6.2 , Duration of photoperiod using HydroGrow 21X-Pro : 10 hours/day
8. Daily electrical use : 36w x 10hours = 360 w/h or 0.36kwh
9. Daily electrical cost of electricity is 0.36 kwh x S$0.2727 = S$0.098 per day
#estimated electrical cost for 35 days will be S$3.43
* electrical tariff in singapore by singpower is $0.2727 per kwh
Products featured in this post:
Butterhead Lettuce Seeds,
HydroGrow 21X-PRO LED light,
Watercircle Desktop Hobby Grow Kit,
Categorised as: Uncategorized